Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another post from today

Hi! Mark is asleep so I thought I would say hello to all of you that aren't on FB.  I took a long nap today, so here I am, all alone, eating tomato flavored pringles.  Can you believe that we are all the way in China and several nights we have had ramen noodles for supper? I know it's strange, but the girls love them.  We have such a large breakfast (minus the ham) that I haven't needed much else throughout the day.  Well, except for my tomato chips. 
Things are going very well.  Presley is adjusting and bonding well to both Mark and me.  She has cried little tears a couple of times and big tears tonight.  Her feelings were hurt and that can be a good sign too. 
She does have a little game to play with me called "spitting".  She does this just so I can wipe or pat her mouth.  She also likes to blow her nose BEFORE I put the tissue to it.  Both these things are trying to me.  So, I must put my foot down right away. LOL.
Presley has given us many hugs, but no kisses yet.  I think it's just because she doesn't know how.  I'm working on it.  She is very smart.  She has learned many english words already and counting to 5. She enjoys looking at her book and coloring the pillowcases.  (I wonder how much that will cost me?) I had a 15 minute conversation with the housekeeper today about the washcloths that we never got yesterday.  She was looking all around the room for them and I kept telling her there were none.  Very serious communication problem.  We'll probably get charged for them. 
I hope to have more pictures of the city tomorrow.  I'm truly amazed at how different this city is from Wuhan where we traveled to meet Kendall.  I just can not explain it.  I wish that I could capture every moment.  As different as it is from what we know, I love it because it's where my daughters were born.  It's their culture and we are proud of it. 
I'm looking forward to the rest of our time here.  It is truly an honor to share this time with Kendall and Presley in their homeland. 
Love you all.  Thanks again for following along and keeping OUR home fresh in our minds. 




7 comments:

  1. I love the Tiara. I need to get me one:)
    Love Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine you and the bodily fluids...I know how you are so comfortable with that..
    Forget the city we want to see Presley and Kendall..they are just too darn cute together!!
    Travel safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, Georgia, Kendall and Presley! You followed 'The Star' and found Presley! These stories and pictures are absolutely precious and so heartwarming! What a beautiful family of 4. We celebrate with you across the ocean... We love you ... and we cannot wait for your homecoming! Dave is flying to Korea today on a business trip... so, soon, he will be your neighbor. And then, a few days later, he will be in China and then, Japan! Can't believe you all will be on the other side of the world at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mark, GiGi, Kendall and Presley,
    How wonderful to share in your experience and happiness. Kendall and Presley look precious in the pictures. Love their big smiles. I haven't seen any comments from your mom, Mark, but everytime I call her and ask what she is doing, she says, "I'm at the computer looking at the pictures!!!" Everyone is so happy for you and wait excitedly for your return. Enjoy your time in their birth country and bring home great stories. We love you all!! Aunt Kay and Uncle Ty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to another Nanchang family! I came across your blog when I googled Nanchang and love knowing you are there for such a wonderful reason. Both my daughters are from Nanchang, Annabel is 13, adopted 2 years ago, and Grace is 12, adopted 6 years ago. Grace was also a spitter and spit on me, her plate, anywhere, any time. It was a hard habit to break. Funny because she told her sister today that it was not nice to spit in the street!

    I love Nanchang, especially because it is the home of my children.

    I feel for you being there while it is so cold! Both times I was there during record heat waves.

    I hope you get to visit the SWI if you are interested. It was a true learning experience for me.

    If you like books, there is a fantastic Chinese book store catty cornered from Wal Mart. There is also a pedestrian mall with great people watching and shopping. At one end is a "flea" market.

    I know you are exhausted and wish you the best.

    I still blog about our life if you are interested. Our blog is www.mysandwichlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some friends at church that are in China right now adopting their second girl. Their names are the Wells - Anna and Leo. Their first daughter is in 1st grade and is named Lucy. They are in Naning getting Jenna and will be in Guangzhou very soon. It would be awesome if you all ran into each other while you are there!

    Love the Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gigi, enough with the abbreviations. I had to ask Mel who Mark had been talking to on
    Folly Beach. I didnt know FB stood for something else. Mel straightened me out with all that computer lingo.

    ReplyDelete