Monday, January 17, 2011

Guangzhou Museum Day














I had to run the kids off my lap so I could post really quickly so you will have to bear with me if this is short and sweet. Gi-Gi and I am trying real hard to get out and spend some time in the outdoors but the hotel room is small so we are sort of all up on each other.


Yesterday we went to the museum here in Guangzhou that was built for Chen Family, who were the “Smith’s” of their times. It was the biggest family in China. There were many artifacts that the children could break and a few stores that kept Georgia busy. It was nice to get out of the hotel and ride through the city. We stopped at the “supermarket”, which was a department store for about 35 minutes and bought the girls a few things. Last night we had the Chinese buffet at the hotel and I was not impressed. I searched for fried rice and boneless chicken for an hour till I gave up. The Chinese food we eat is made for Americans, so ENJOY IT!

Today we went to breakfast and then met our group for a trip to the “Friendship” Park. It was a great time for a couple of hours to get out and walk, talk and take pictures. When we returned, Presley had to have he PPD read at the clinic and she past with flying colors.

Gi-Gi took us shopping for a while and then back to the hotel we went. Mattel has created a room in the lobby of the hotel for children adopted from China to play in and donate all the toys they make to furnish it so the children will have a place in the hotel to play. We spent a couple of hours there and then to the room to get ready for supper. I chose Lucy’s because the rest of our group was going to eat Chinese food again. OK, we are off again. We love you all and will be home soon. Daddy, be ready to go to Happy China. You’re buying!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures. It looks like you are all enjoying yourself and making lots of memories. I am so happy for you. We sure miss you all I am so excited about seeing you all Sunday. Can hardly wait. Mark, Daddy will be more than happy to buy at Happy China (or as Kendall and Scarlett says, "Chappy Hina". Love you all. Kendall, you need to get your Daddy to do bend over backwards like you did? You think he can do it? Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've been on a trip without having to walk all over the place -- love the pictures. Kendall looks so cute imitating the panda bear, and I love the one of Presley looking up to see what Kendall and Mark are doing with the cup. Soooo cute. I know you guys must be getting tired and we certainly are getting anxious to have you come home. Enjoy what's left of the trip, and then hurry back to us. Love Aunt Kay & Uncle Ty

    ReplyDelete