Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nanchang 1/12



The last couple of days have been pretty busy for the family of 4! We all went downstairs yesterday morning and had the buffet breakfast at the hotel. Georgia and I were arguing over which hotel was better, this one in Nanchang or the Chang An in Beijing. I said the Chang An. The breakfast sealed the deal for me. I ate a piece of ham and as I chewed it something told me it was bad but I hade swallowed it by then.






We took a walk down the street to, where else, Wal-Mart. It was about a 15 minute walk and the streets we had to cross did have somewhat of a legal crosswalk. I have to admit, I enjoyed the time that we spent together as a family but not all the double-takes that the public gave us. We stand out like a sore thumb here seeing that when we go walking, we are the only Americans in a sea of Chinese citizens. When we returned to the hotel, our guide, Angel, was waiting to take us to the notarization office and the Tengwang Pavilion. We got our paperwork notarized for the adoption and then went to the Pavilion. It was founded in 653 A.D. There have been many Emperors that have spent time overlooking the Ganjiang River from the 5th and 6th floor that we toted Presley to through the staircase and outside steps leading to the Pagoda.

We returned to the hotel and on the way the “HAM” hit me! I had abdominal pain for 24 hours! Georgia was smart enough to bring some medications to keep me afloat throughout the ordeal and I think I am finally over it. We got up this morning and had breakfast and came back up to the room and we all crashed for about 3-4 hours. The trip, changes and life in China had finally caught up with us. The nap was fantastic!

Kendall and I went swimming in the pool today and then I walked back to the RT-Mart for some snacks and noodles for supper. We are safe and sound in the room now for the night. Georgia is washing clothes in the bathtub and Kendall and I are posting on the computer. Presley is into everything in the room and Mommy had to get on to her a minute ago for spitting. Kendall cries when Presley gets in trouble too.

8 comments:

  1. What a journey! You're nearly half through this once-in-a-lifetime experience. When you (MArk) were young, and we went on a trip, the only thing on my mind was getting there and getting back. I never knew the joy or the journey itself. Now that your "bug" has left you, I hope all of you can enjoy this wonderful journey in an old land an cunture. Love ya, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bunch you guys are. I can't get over the smile on Presley's face in the picture with Georgia. Kendall is going to be a great big sister! Don't eat anymore Ham:)
    Love Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I cried when I read this post...but then I laughed because my parents favorite story is when I would spit on the nursery door when they left me to go to church. Presley sounds pretty cool HAHAHAHA! Sweethearted Kendall. Siblings have such an amazing bond.


    And Georgia...It has snowed twice here since you told me it never snows.

    --Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully, now that you are feeling better Mark you can enjoy the visit. I love the pictures. I truly believe God planned for Kendall and Presley to be sisters. They look so sweet together and I love the smile on Presley's face. I have to tell you something. When me and your Aunt Kay were growing up, we were so close and whenever either of us got a spanking (yes, believe it, there was such a thing as spankings)we cried. And we never ever told on each other. I hope Kendall and Presley have that close bond like we did. So, you've got a spitter, huh? Be glad she doesn't bite. I hope you are getting a good night's rest. Love you both.

    Amma and Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall and Presley,
    Your grandmother never had anything to tell mom and dad about me, but BOY did I have to keep a lot of secrets about Amma from them !! I'll tell you more when you get home. Love Aunt Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good to see Presley smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, as usual I got the greatest kick out of Mark's post. Mark make sure the kids go to whatever school you went to please. You should have been a writer.
    Love the picture of Kendall hugging Presley.
    Cousin Cash is sick and so is Cameron and Aidan, but not the same bug. Mama is here taking care of us so we can get some sleep. We are having a few laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ilove u all.... can't wait 2 c the babies. they r precious. kiss them for gram. having fun w/leah. GRAM

    ReplyDelete