Saturday, January 15, 2011

Update from Guangzhou

My mother is not too happy with me for not posting the last few days so I better get her some information so she will know how her son is doing. I know she is concerned more about me than her grand-babies. Ha! Ha!


Thursday we spent the day around the hotel in the morning and awaited our guide to pick us up to go to the park. It was nice to relax and walk around the park even though it was in the middle of the city of Nanchang. It still seemed miles away from the hustle of the everyday life in China. Kendall enjoyed it because she got to play on a playground and we bought some fish food and she fed the fish from a bridge overlooking the pond.









Friday morning was a travel day so we all got up, went for breakfast and then headed back to the room to get packed.  It seems like the preparation for an hour and a half flight takes the whole day. We took one more picture of Wal-Mart in Nanchang and headed on to the airport. We arrived after dark in Guangzhou and took about an hour van ride to the White Swan Hotel. This is a famous hotel widely known for adopting families to stay as well as dignitaries from all nations. I guess I fit both of those, Georgia may not agree with that though. We got checked in to the room and went in search for FOOD! After a very short walk, we decided on Lucy’s! Lucy’s is a famous restaurant here on Shamian Island to the westerners because they have license plates from the states all over the walls, domestic beer from the states, hamburgers and French fries. They even had a bottle of ketchup on the table, something I haven’t seen in almost 2 weeks. “Thank you Lord”.




6 comments:

  1. Finally some info! We are glad you are safe and enjoying the journey. Glad you found some good food. On the last two pics, from the look on your and Georgie's eyes, it seems you found some American beer! Kiss the girls for us. Kendall, I want a kiss & hug!
    Love ya, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to hear from you. I love the pictures and laugh at your funny comments. I am so happy that everything is going smoothly and that you are having a great time touring China. Sounds like you all stay really busy. I love you all. Continue having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I forgot to sign my comment. That last one was from me, Amma Love ya!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lovey Doveys --- Great blog, Mark. The pictures of the girls laughing just tickle my heart. Kendall, I have to say I didn't realize what a natural model you are. You look so cute in every picture -- love your poses!! Also love to see how tender you are taking care of Presley. You are a wonderful big sister already!! We, of course, can't wait to see you all and hope the rest of your trip is more restful, fun and full of family bonding. We love you all so much. Aunt Kay and Uncle Ty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it looks like the girls are having fun!! B U T the parents are either drunk or tired.

    Cash has been sick since Thursday really high fevers. He can't wait to see his cousins. Still laughing at Mark's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thinking of you guys everyday.

    ReplyDelete