Monday, January 10, 2011

Gotcha Day 2011

Good morning! Well, it’s morning for us. It is 7:30 Tuesday morning, January 11th. We finally got Presley yesterday and it was one of the most stressful days I have lived. The pace was so fast that I didn’t know whether I was coming or going. I have heard that God will not give you more than you can handle, but he was pushing that yesterday. She cried for a bit when her nannies left but she did calm down. She is very smart. She will repeat every word that we say and is smiling and playing.






Yesterday afternoon we had our guide take us to the supermarket. When we got there, it was closed for renovations. She said the RT-Mart was just down the street so we walked on down another 10 minutes. RT-Mart is a 3 story oversized Wal-mart!!! As much as I hate Wal-mart, I was in a place 3 times that big with 20 times the amount of people. I can’t begin to explain the stress of leaving the hotel. We had to cross the street 4 times yesterday and I dreaded every second. The traffic of the 8 lane street refuses to stop and you are literally playing Frogger as you attempt to reach the other side. The guide said just hold out your arm and start walking. Ha!! Not only do you have to dodge bikes, scooters, rickshaws, and cars. The city buses will plow you over like a grease spot.

We have a free day this morning until 2:00 and have a little paperwork to do at that time. Please dear Lord, don’t make us have to cross that street with these children again!

13 comments:

  1. Oh how I can picture you all there - dodging traffic. Soon you will be leaving and heading for Guangzhou. Things will be much calmer. Praying for you all here back in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Kendall I love the outfit..so happy to see pics..yall come home safely..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall, You may hae to help your Daddy cross the street so he won't be run over by a tricycle! Have a good time and learn a lot about your homeland. I love you, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you guys have Kendall there to help keep everything straight:) Can't wait to see more pics of Presley. Hope the four of you have some good times in China before making the trek home. Be safe...Love yall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww!!! Sweet pics of your beautiful baby girl. So glad to see you finally united with her. Kendall looks so sweet with her.

    Prayers continue for you during your travels. I hope all goes smoothly and that you do NOT have to cross the street again!!! I remember that all too well. SO scary!

    Hugs to you All. Enjoy the rest of the journey!

    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless that Baby! Oh My! I can't imagine what any of you are going through. Presley is probably freaked out of her mind. But soon she will realize that she has hit the jackpot with you guys! I am crying just looking through these pictures. She is beautiful. Cute little chubby cheeks! All of you look great! Hang in there!
    Remember this: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord...
    This is all in HIS plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good to see you together as a family. I know how relieved you are to finally have her in your arms. All of the stress is worth it. We are so happy for you! We are also praying that God will give you all strength and endurance and peace! And that He will help Presley adjust quickly as she soaks in all the love your are pouring on her.

    Lois, David and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful! I just had to pop over from the Yahoo group to say congratulations. I'll be praying for a smooth and quick transition.

    Virginia
    (Mom to fellow Ji An girl, Kerry Lu)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah!! The day finally came! I am so happy for you all. The joy of putting your family together is so awesome. Praying your day tomorrow will be easier and that Presley will bond with each of you quickly.

    Hope you are shopping alot and bringing home so many wonderful treasures!

    Renae

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your words and the pictures brought me to tears. I am so happy for all of you! My prayers are with you all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love yallcan't wait 2 c my little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh finally I see pictures. I spent all the previous day checking in and out. Yesterday, was impossible. I am so glad you are all together now. Mark your post are always so funny. What a beautiful family. Can't wait to see more pics and can't wait for your arrival home.
    Try and have some fun now and enjoy China. We are thinking about you constantly. Love and Hugs......... Mici, Leah, Cash and The Critters

    ReplyDelete