Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1

Well, the bags are packed and we are all sitting in the living room waiting to go to bed for a few hours before we need to be up to get ready to catch the first of seven flights we will be on over the next 18 days. We leave Columbia at 06:59 in the morning and land in Beijing 17 hours later. That will be the next time we have internet access. Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers for safe travel. I know that God is with us and will hold each of our hands throughout this “Journey to Presley”. I can’t get Peter, Paul and Mary out of my head……….


So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go,
‘Cause I’m leaving on a jet plane

4 comments:

  1. ALL of our thoughts and prayers to you! I am terribly excited for your family's journey! Can't wait to see all the pictures :)

    --Sarah and your Solaris Family

    p.s. ignore the silly email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, Georgia and Kendall! Welcome to China! By the time you're reading this, you're on the other side of the world! We'll be following your journey through your blog. Our prayers are with you! Presley, we can't wait to meet you! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Papa is waiting to hear from you! I hope you are going to get some rest and enjoy the journey. Kendall, throw a snowball at the Great Wall for me!
    Love Ya, Papa

    ReplyDelete